The Thrill of a Vote for the Girls Win...
|"American Idol 10 Top 4 Result"|
|Vote for the Girls episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2|
|Original air date||May 12, 2011|
|Season 2 episodes|
The Thrill of a Vote for the Girls Win... (colloquially known as the American Idol 10 Top 4 Result) is the eleventh episode of the second season of Vote for the Girls, and the sixteenth episode of the series overall. It aired in the United States on AvaZinn.com on May 12, 2011.
The episode represented one of the most important events in the web site's history of American version of Vote for the Girls. The phrase "pulling a Brandi Chastain" became a popular reference on the web site as host Ava Zinn removes her shirt in celebration of a notable male contestant getting eliminated. Ever since then this has happened on three times more on the U.S. version and twice on the British adaptation, also hosted by Zinn.
- The first time Zinn pulled a Brandi Chastain on the U.S. version was the elimination of James Durbin on May 12, 2011 upon seeing Haley Reinhart and Lauren Alaina were the first two advancing in the American Idol 10 Top 3 by spontaneously whipping off her shirt and falling to her knees in her black bra, which generated mixed reviews and is considered to be the site's most memorable wins, referencing Brandi Chastain's iconic image celebrating the winning spot kick at the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup Final at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, after scoring the fifth kick in the penalty shootout to give the United States the win over China in the final game featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated became one of the defining images of women's athletics in the United States. In later interviews, Zinn says this is her most memorable Vote for the Girls moment.
- Fellow VFTG Moderator Kymberly Alvaraz also "pulled a Brandi Chastain" in the seventh season, Zinn says, "That only works when I do it."
- 1999 U.s. Women's Soccer Team - Los Angeles Times. Articles.latimes.com (2012-07-13). Retrieved on 2012-08-02.
- Brandi Chastain Cover - Sports Illustrated 07.19.99 Issue Contents - SI Vault. Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-02.
- JERE LONGMANPublished: July 05, 2003 (2003-07-05). SOCCER; The Sports Bra Seen Round the World - New York Times. Nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2012-10-30.
- SETH FAISONPublished: July 12, 1999 (1999-07-12). WOMEN'S WORLD CUP; The View From China: 'So Close, So Close' - New York Times. Nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2012-10-30.
- Reynolds, Charles (1999-07-10). Football: America in love and having a ball - Sport. The Independent. Retrieved on 2012-10-30.
- BBC News - Why Women's World Cup champion Brandi Chastain bared her bra. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 2014-07-28.