List of The Souzas characters
- 1 Main characters
- 2 Neighbors
- 3 Characters based in other locations
- 4 Others
- 5 See also
- 6 References
Deanna Annalisa Willis (formerly Andrew; voiced by Candis Cayne on Queen of the Willis and Rachael Passalt since 2019 on QOTW and The Souzas) is the co-protagonist of the series. She is a portly 26-year-old Caucasian trans woman who is very polite to everyone and has a unique laugh.
In the original run of Queen of the Willis, Deanna is an average, excitable, and outgoing teenage college-age transgirl. Physically, she is a younger version of Ava, but intellectually, she often shows better potential, as shown from moments of articulation and coherence within her speech, and makes good points when especially talking about films, TV series, actors and actresses, etc. Similar to Tom, Deanna deals with the problems that most teenage lesbian girls face: acne, girls, and school. Deanna was enrolled at Babyface Regional High School in Quillsville, Indiana until graduating from Kaufman College in the pilot episode.
Deanna is also willing to take drastic measures to get what she wants or needs, especially when it comes to getting good grades. She, at one point, believed that she got a bad grade on an English test when she tickled her brain by sticking an army man's rifle into his nose and accidentally puncturing a lobe.
She was often portrayed as an airhead, but was shown to be an expert mechanic in the first two seasons and is good at logic puzzles. Deanna was promiscuous, but she settles down after Brandi got pregnant by Deanna. Deanna and Brandi get married in the sixth season on Queen of the Willis and in the pilot of The Souzas.
In "Pilot", her wife, Brandi, Deanna, Deanna's sextuplet siblings, Deanna's children Tessanne and Lina moves to the town of Detropolis, Ohio to show them where Brandi grew up (even though Brandi was in love with Deanna but they were only online friends and Deanna did not know it). Eventually sparking his relationship with her, they renew their marriage vows and move in with Brandi's three children. Deanna is usually depicted as exceedingly gentle and patient, and it is only on rare occasions that she has been known to lose her temper and resort to violence. However, Deanna gets visibly annoyed with transphobic behavior. She often acts as the voice of caution when other characters hatch harebrained schemes. Deanna's speech is slow and almost elongated in Queen of the Willis, but in The Souzas her voice has a wide variety. Various flashbacks give conflicting histories of her speech patterns. She is shown as a more sexual, stupid, and violent character in her new form than she was originally.
Brandi Lucille Willis (née Souza) (voiced by Crystal Bowersox from 2008-12, Kassie DePaiva since 2019) – Brandi is Deanna's itinerant, but generally benign wife, the mother of Deanna's child, Tesssanne, and mother of Gary Hicks' three children Alexander (now Alexandra), Chereice and Telissa. It's often hard for Brandi to hold down a job (she had no credit or Social Security number before moving to Detropolis). She lives on the remainder of the $5 million "settlement monies" she received after "slipping on water at the Sam's Club" having had a portion of her spine fused. Deanna's mother, Angie tried very hard to break her and Deanna apart, but after Brandi's pregnancy on Queen of the Willis was revealed, she and Deanna's father, Ava reconciled the two, giving them a wedding and a new home at Brandi's request in the pilot. Although dimwitted in some aspects, Brandi has learned some facets such as basic math through life experience despite reciving her high school diploma.
|Queen of the Willis and The Souzas character
"Pilot" (2020, The Souzas)
"Ten Years To Life" (2019, Queen of the Willis)
Tessanne Jacqueline Willis is the 3-year-old biological daughter of Deanna and Brandi. She has a biological sister, Maggie, and a biological half-sister, Lina. As a result of her father marrying Brandi, Tessanne has gained three step-sisters, Alexandra (born Alexander), Chereice, and Telissa.
|Queen of the Willis and The Souzas character
Maggie Madison Willis is the 1-year-old biological daughter of Deanna and Brandi. She has a biological sister, Tessanne, and a biological half-sister, Lina. As a result of her father marrying Brandi, Maggie has gained three step-sisters, Alexandra (born Alexander), Chereice, and Telissa.
|Queen of the Willis and The Souzas character
Alexandra Roberta Souza (born Alexander Robert Hicks) is the 16-year-old biological transgendered daughter of Brandi Souza and her ex-husband, Gary Hicks. She looks up to Laverne Cox, hoping to one day follow in her foorsteps. Alexandra is depicted as a relatively popular girl in school, Alexandra is often seen socializing with her friends, both in person, and using phones, or social networking websites. She has been dating a less than respectable girl by the name of Trista Jones, who Brandi does not much approve of, but who Deanna has managed to bully into submission. As with many popular students, Alexandra often acts as a bully and a self-centered character, even towards her own family members.
Neither Alexandra nor her sisters Chereice and Telissa are initially pleased with the arrival of Deanna, Lina and Tessanne, though both appear to accept their mother marrying Deanna without much issue. In fact, Alexandra and Deanna seem to fall into a rather stereotypical father/ transgender daughter relationship, with Alexandra being embarrassed by her stepfather's behavior when she attends social functions at her school. Eventually she accepts Deanna as her father.
Alexandra seems to have a love/hate relationship with her sisters Chereice and Telissa. In the first episode, Alexandra reneges on her responsibility to babysit them in order to go out with her friends. However, she seems able to share plenty of witty dialogue with her sisters, apparently seeing her as something of an intellectual equal, despite their ages. Alexandra's relationship with Lina and Tessanne has shown promise of being a decently caring one, despite a shaky beginning. Initially both Alexandra, Chereice and Telissa are disturbed by how clean and attentive Lina and Tessanne are in regards to Brandi's parental requests. Initially annoyed at them making them look bad and did all they could to make them miserable, they become sympathetic when they realize that they never accepted their parents' divorce and showing resentment towards her own father for her adulterous affair and has been doing all she can to avoid giving into her sorrow. Together, Chereice, Telissa and Alexandra do all they can to help Lina and Tessanne let her feelings out and at the same time, they accept her as their sister. Despite her occasional kindness towards her however, Alexandra regularly tends to neglect and distance from Lina and Tessanne and even bully her with the other popular students out of selfishness and/or on behalf of her own social structure and goals, even accusing her of stealing a chocolate bar over Chereice and Telissa. She can also talk like Gary, although she seems a bit resentful of his failures as a parent compared to the sense of hero worship Telissa feels toward him. Alexandra seems to have an archrival in Amanda Mort. Her usual clothing is a red tube top with blue jeans, gold hoop earrings and necklace and bracelets, and white and black-striped sneakers. She also wears white pearl earrings and her hair has a white streak in it. She wears pink lipstick.
|Queen of the Willis and The Souzas character
Sarah Chereice Souza is the 14-year-old biological daughter of Brandi Souza and her ex-husband, Gary Hicks. She is the younger sister of Alexandra Souza and the older sister of Telissa Souza. Due to her mother's marriage to Deanna, she is the step-sister of Lina Willis and the half-sister of Tessanne Willis.
Chereice is depicted as an unpopular girl in school, Chereice is often seen socializing with her friends, both in person, and using phones, or social networking websites.
Neither Chereice nor her sisters Alexandra and Telissa are initially pleased with the arrival of Deanna, Lina and Tessanne, though both appear to accept their mother marrying Deanna without much issue. In fact, Chereice and Deanna seem to fall into a rather stereotypical father/daughter relationship, with Chereice being embarrassed by her stepfather's behavior when she attends social functions at her school. Eventually she accepts Deanna as her father.
Chereice seems to have a love/hate relationship with her sisters Alexandra and Telissa. In the first episode, Chereice reneges on her responsibility to babysit them in order to go out with her friends. However, she seems able to share plenty of witty dialogue with her sisters, apparently seeing her as something of an intellectual equal, despite their ages. Chereice's relationship with Lina and Tessanne has shown promise of being a decently caring one, despite a shaky beginning. Initially both Alexandra, Chereice and Telissa are disturbed by how clean and attentive Lina and Tessanne are in regards to Brandi's parental requests. Initially annoyed at them making them look bad and did all they could to make them miserable, they become sympathetic when they realize that they never accepted their parents' divorce and showing resentment towards her own father for her adulterous affair and has been doing all she can to avoid giving into her sorrow. Together, Chereice, Telissa and Alexandra do all they can to help Lina and Tessanne let her feelings out and at the same time, they accept her as their sister. Despite her occasional kindness towards her however, Alexandra regularly tends to neglect and distance from Lina and Tessanne and even bully her with the other popular students out of selfishness and/or on behalf of her own social structure and goals, even accusing her of stealing a chocolate bar over Alexandra and Telissa. She can also talk like Gary, although she seems a bit resentful of his failures as a parent compared to the sense of hero worship Telissa feels toward him. Her usual clothing is a tan spaghetti-strap tank top with black jeans, silver hoop earrings and necklace and bracelets, and black and white-striped sneakers. She also wears white pearl earrings. She wears red lipstick.
|Queen of the Willis and The Souzas character
|Aiden Souza (son)
Telissa Christina Souza is the 11-year-old biological daughter of Brandi and her ex-husband, Gary. She has a biological sister, Chereice, and a biological transgendered sister, Alexandra. As a result of her mother marrying Deanna, Telissa has respectively gained a step-sister and half-sister, Lina and Tessanne. Telissa has a light pink shirt with dark pink skirt and blue sneakers and she sports a bobcut. Her best friends are Gianna and Vicki.
Despite her age (7 when the show premiered), and the fact her father has been mostly absent most of her life, Telissa acts much like Gary, behaving at times very articulate, yet hormonally charged. She seems to get along fairly well with her mother Brandi and has a normal love/hate relationship with Alexandra and Chereice, who at times seems to neglect her, yet at other times speaks to her as if an intellectual equal.
Telissa frequently runs errands for her mother but never remembers to get the change. As a result, she is able to save enough money to buy a 1972 Camaro on Amazon. Her childlike defiance and hyperactive mischief when being tended to by Alexandra was so extreme (including excitedly wiping herself by dragging her bare posterior on the floor) as to scare her away from sex, lest she risk creating anything like her. The fact that Telissa is some sort of child prodigy, makes her an analogue of Deanna's half-sister, Brynn.
With the new arrivals of Deanna, Lina and Tessanne (and later Maggie), Telissa has shown some initial reluctance to accept all three into her life, actively insulting them, such as joking about their weight. However, she warms up to Deanna, who manages to teach her how to handle checking out the boys in her third grade class.
Despite being younger than her new stepsisters Maggie, Tessanne and Lina, Telissa seems to take a more aggressive hand in their interaction, openly insulting Lina. However, this seems to just be Telissa's way of addressing people in general, and not done with any deep malice intended. In fact, their relationship is showing promise of being a decently caring one at this point. Initially annoyed at her making them look bad, they become sympathetic when they realize that she never accepted her parents' divorce, and has been doing all she can to avoid giving into her sorrow. Together Alexandra, Telissa and Chereice do all they can to help Lina and tessanne let her feelings out and at the same time, they accept her as their sister.
Telissa seems to somewhat value cleanliness and etiquette from houseguests, as demonstrated by her indignant reaction to Deanna, Lina and Tessanne, not making their beds after staying the night with the Souzas family in the pilot.
She was an antisemite, as discovered in "Gentleman's Night". Her antisemitism is contradicted by her affection toward her stereotypically German teacher, Ms. Juanita Taylor, to whom she declared, "You mean the world to me. The world to me!"
In one episode, she becomes sexist towards transmen and transwomen after learning of the history of LGBT rights in the United States. Telissa then go on rants to kill and harm transgender women, but changes her stance once she sees that the Planucchio family are not sexists, are not responsible for owning slaves and actually enjoy many of the same activities and foods as herself.
Her favorite meal consists of cheese sticks and Tater Tots, and, before her stepfather moved in, she sat at the head of the dinner table.
- Aeverine Melanie Florence "Ava" Willis - (voiced by Ava Zinn) Ava is Deanna's father, the patenal grandfather of Lina and Tessanne. She is also the father-in-law of Brandi as well as the paternal step-grandfather of Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa.
- Angela Anne "Angie" Willis (née Donaldson and formerly Shanks) - (voiced by Karly Jameson) Angie is Deanna's mother and the paternal grandmother of Lina and Tessanne. She is also the mother-in-law of Brandi as well as the paternal step-grandmother of Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa.
- Tamara Anne "Tammie" Souza (voiced by Tammie Souza) – Tammie is Brandi's mother and the maternal grandmother of Tessanne, Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa. She has two younger sisters, Lori and Patty. Her first appearance was in the episode "A Souza Thanksgiving". She is hypercritical of Brandi because she never forgave her for spurning Deanna in favor of Gary in high school. Brandi is quite oblivious to her mother and Brandi's rough relationship. Lori and Tammie are hypercritical of each other because Lori never forgave Tammie for humiliating her by losing on Supermarket Sweep and $5,000 for her. However, in the cross-over Hypermarket Sweep, Tammie returns to Supermarket Sweep with her daughter, Brandi and eventually win $1 million.
- Mark Louis Souza (voiced by Kathi Jameson) – Mark is Brandi's father and the maternal grandfather of Tessanne, Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa. He is 50 years old. He is abusive towards Brandi who he has never forgiven for humiliating him by losing Supermarket Sweep and $5,000 for him and causing him to hide out at home in shame so long that he lost both his job and his chance to try out for the Cincinnati Bengals, and has a history of leaving and then reuniting with his wife, Tammie, who is unaware he has more than a dozen other sons of various ages and races as seen in the episode "You're the Best Woman, Brandi Souza." mark seems to be close to the Willis family, where he calls Telissa Souza "Bisexual Brynn." He seems to resemble ______.
- Patricia Susan "Patty" Souza - (voiced by Kaitlin Olson in her first appearance, Arianna Ryder in later appearances) - Patty Souza is the youngest sister of Tammie Souza, aunt of Brandi and Louisa, and the grand aunt of Tessanne, Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa.
- Margaret Louanne "Lori" Souza - (voiced by Elizabeth Banks in her first appearance, Shanna Ryder in later appearances) - Lori Souza is the younger sister of Tammie Souza, aunt of Brandi and Louisa, and the grand aunt of Tessanne, Alexandra, Chereice, and Telissa. Her first appearance was in the cross-over "Hypermarket Sweep". She and Tammie are hypercritical of each other because she never forgave Tammie for humiliating Tammie by losing on Supermarket Sweep and $5,000 for her and causing her to hide out at home in shame so long that she lost both her job and her chance to try out for the Cincinnati Bengals cheerleaders, and has a history of leaving and then reuniting with her husband, Cal, who is unaware she has more than a dozen other daughters of various ages and races as seen in the episode "You're the Best Woman, Brandi Souza." Her sister and niece, Tammie and Brandi, appear on Supermarket Sweep, with Tammie winning $1 million.
- Louisa Souza – Brandi's younger sister and the sister-in-law of Deanna, Rhonda, Brittany, Suzanne, Emilie, Hillary, and Brynn. Louisa is a doctor who first appears in the Queen of the Willis episodes Brandi Souza: The New Girl in Quillsville and Brandi See, Donkey Do. She previously worked as a plastic surgeon in Quillsville and before enlisting in the navy.
- Gary Hicks (voiced by Melvin Runecraft) – Gary is Brandi's first boyfriend and the biological father of Alexandra, Chereice and Telissa. At the start of the show, he had grown negligent of the statuses of his children, not even knowing their names, which convinced Brandi to accept Deanna as her true love. Swearing revenge on Deanna, Gary left with the Souzas' pet goldfish Katie. Although since the pilot, his intentions for revenge seemed to have been forgotten. Like Deanna, Brandi's neighbors do not like Gary because of his arrogant ways where he stole Chaztity's good lighter (the Bic one), broke Averi's Game Boy, and even had sex with Benjamin's wife Addison (as seen in "The Souzas Live!"). He is currently an unemployed bum, while Telissa thinks he is at first an FBI agent. His relationship with Alexandra is very distant while his relationship with Chereice has seemingly worsened over time, but his relationship with Telissa has at least remained consistently decent.
- Uncle Papa (voiced by Steve Baker as a male, Rachael Passalt as a female) – Uncle Papa is Brandi's caring, lovable, eccentric uncle. He is a large, fat man whose appearance and mannerisms are a parody of Family Guy character Peter Griffin. A running gag is that each time Uncle Papa shows flatulence, she says "I'm Awesome!". Uncle Papa was originally Brandi's Aunt Jessica, and when Brandi was younger, her father was never around. So Aunt Jessica becomes Uncle Papa through a sex change (though still maintaining her vagina) in order to provide Brandi with a strong male influence in her life. Brandi is very fond of him but is unaware he used to be a woman. When Deanna finds out, she keeps it from Brandi to preserve their relationship. Uncle Papa has sex with Tammie Souza without her realizing about the vagina. Tammie had a vomit reaction to this when Deanna told her outside of the house. In "Papa Drama," Deanna enlisted Uncle Papa to help her find Mark Souza. In a flashback recalled by Mark Souza, we are shown what Aunt Jessica looks like when Mark leaves a baby Brandi with her. By the end of the episode, ___ finds out that Uncle Papa was Aunt Jessica after a sex change.
- Monique Cruz (voiced by Hannah Wilson) – Monique is the biological mother of Lina Willis. Early in the show, Monique had a minimal quantity of lines, the bulk of which were "Mm-hmm!" In the episode "Worker Down", it is revealed that Monique has regretted her actions as well as raping Deanna in "Ode to Deanna" and wants Deanna back, but Deanna refuses her advances. Deanna informs her she needs to move on, and advises her to do the same. In "Gone with the Window", Monique dies from opiods where Melissa obtained up on her house while she is sitting in an upstairs bathtub causing her to go through the gag that Brandi goes through which she does not survive. Karly Jameson ended up driving her body down to Detropolis for her funeral.
- Kaylee Jillian Willis (formerly Kaylee Emerson) (voiced by Breeanna Sorensen) – The long-lost niece of Deanna Willis and daughter of Deanna's brother, Tom who is 21 years old. Due to his biological mother, Tom, being raped Greg Metcalf in the Queen of the Willis episode "Quillsville Cold Case: Cruel & Desperate Justice", Tom had to leave a baby Kaylee with Aunt Jessica. Many years later as seen in "Cruel & Desperate Justice," Kaylee Willis resurfaces where the actress that Deanna and Uncle Kevin hired to portray Kaylee when they were unable to find her dies and she confronts Deanna about the death certificate which has caused her all sorts of problems with her mortgage and health club membership. Deanna wants to introduce her to Brandi, but Kaylee insists that all she wants is to get her life straightened out and explains that she has too many regrets. Deanna offers to show her to Brandi without anyone catching on and Kaylee agrees. Deanna sets up an accident and Brandi is introduced to her niece-in-law as an innocent victim. After learning Kaylee's reason for leaving her with Aunt Jesscia, Kaylee says that she will not call Deanna "Aunt Deanna" but will call her "Auntie." When Kaylee asks Brandi about Aunt Jessica, Kaylee was surprised to figure out that Aunt Jessica was masquerading as Uncle Papa all these years.
- Brynn Addison Hannah Willis (voiced by Maribel Mort) - Deanna's youngest sister who stays in Quillsville.
- Heather Alexandra Willis (voiced by Ava Zinn) - The Willis family's pet lobster.
- Tabitha Andrea "Tabby" Willis (formerly Timothy "Rags" Willis, voiced by Ava Zinn) - The Willis family's pet dog.
- Sheryl Juanita "Shushu" Willis (voiced by Ava Zinn) - The Willis family's pet cat.
A number of characters in the show live on the same street as the Souza family. All were seen attending the wedding of Deanna and Brandi Willis.
- Benjamin "Ben" (voiced by Ava Zinn) – Ben is one of Deanna and Brandi's neighbors in Detropolis who just happens to be a tiger. He is 45 years old and lives with his wife, Addison, and his son, Theodre. He has deep religious convictions (often attending Detropolis Community Church and having his honeymoon in Italy). He works as a telemarketer at Julia Barr Novelties. He becomes Deanna's drinking buddy at The Brown Bengal Buckeye, where he also converses with Averi and Jacob. He apparently smokes in secret, as he asks Deanna not to tell his wife about it. He also has a very deep Eastern European accent, has trouble with American euphemisms, and has a tendency to stammer a lot. He finds it racist when someone screams because he is a tiger. Additionally, he often accidentally slashes things with his claws, something he is quite ashamed of. In "Souza History Month", Deanna stated that Ben's father was a black tiger and that his mother was a black bear, actually making him a hybrid between the species rather than just a tiger. Ben has often hinted at his attraction to Brandi, similar to Karly Jameson's attraction to Ava on Queen of the Willis.
- Addison (voiced by []) – Addison is the wife of Ben and one of Deanna and Brandi's neighbors in Detropolis. Addison has a son named Theo. Like her son and husband, Addison is a tiger. She is unaware that Ben smokes, as he deliberately keeps it a secret from her. She seems like a normal stereotypical housewife. She is not against purchasing lavish things; a store that deals with foreign coffees has her credit card on file. She also speaks Burmese, further supporting her enjoyment of foreign things. However, she makes her own confetti, suggesting she may make up for her expensive tastes in coffee by cutting costs elsewhere. Addison is strict and takes religion very seriously, being much more assertive in her beliefs than her husband. She can often be critical of how Brandi runs her life: before Deanna married Brandi, Addison did not allow the neighbor into her house, looking down on her status as a single mother. She has also talked down on the types of clothes Brandi allows Alexandra and Chereice to wear. For her and Ben's honeymoon, they went to Italy.
- Theodore "Theo" (formerly Heather) (voiced by Luka Runecraft) – The 17-year-old transgendered son of Ben and Addison and neighbors with Deanna and Brandi in Detropolis. He appears briefly in the pilot at Deanna and Brandi's wedding. Theo's father believes that he is useful for doing chores around the house that he does not want to do. Despite his transition, Theo is also considered popular in high school since he hangs out with Alexandra, Gaby, and Olivia, as seen in the episode "From Bed to Worse". However, Theo is also smart and nicer than his friends and helps out with charities, such as spending his Thanksgiving with his family helping feed the poor in the episode "A Souza Thanksgiving." In "___________," it is revealed that he is a frequent user of marijuana and avidly listens to _________ records. Unlike his parents, who are European, Theo speaks with an American accent.
- Jacob Morris (voiced by []) – One of Deanna and Brandi's neighbors in Detropolis, Jacob is a 38-year-old fisher with a large beer gut. He is apparently on friendly terms with his neighbor Brandi, being at first concerned that Deanna is stalking Brandi but promptly apologizes to her when he realizes Deanna was an invited guest. He becomes Deanna's drinking buddy at The Battered Buckeye conversing with Benjamin and Averi, Deanna even helped Jacob get his son back from a rather money obsessed foster family. In the Season 1 finale, it is revealed Jacob has a sister who is a stripper and also appears to be very good at making racing cars.
- Chaztity Chloe Morris (née Christian) (voiced by []) – She is the wife of Jacob. Chaztity is also a fisher with a high pitched voice and is possibly disabled. Like, Angie Willis on Queen of the Willis, she is also obese, a compulsive eater, she has type 2 diabetes and even once being said that she had cholesterol that could not be measured. She first appeared in the pilot episode at Deanna and Brandi's wedding.
- Choni Parker-Estefan (voiced by Rosie Perez) – Choni is a woman who is the sister of Cheryl and the mother of Trista. She is the owner of Choni's Cantina (a Mexican restaurant). When Jacob calls immigration for Choni's appearance in the USA without a Green Card, Choni blames Brandi causing Marco to go on the run. In "There Goes The Myanmar Neighborhood," Choni and her family move into Brandi and Deanna's neighborhood. She was still at odds with Brandi after what nearly happened to her niece and asks him to babysit Trista's son Marco to see if he was ignorant about her culture. In "The Wide World of Brandi Souza," it's revealed that Choni is a relative to Gloria Estefan and revealed that she went to college in Puetro Rico and the accent is the only thing she learned and has a daughter named Trista who introduced Telissa to Marco.
- Marco Estefan () - Son of Trista Parker, grandson of Choni Parker-Estefan and nephew of Cheryl Parker.
- Trista Parker (voiced by []) – The 16-year-old niece of Cheryl Parker and daughter of Choni Parker-Estefan.
- Arianna Elisabeth "Averi" Planucchio (voiced by Holly Everman on Amanda & Elisa, Karly Jameson on The Souzas): Averi first apears on Amanda & Elisa as a violent criminal and a role model to Amanda and Elisa even though her contempt for them is clear. She takes any opportunity to use the girls for money or beat them for troubling her with their affection. Although Averi verbally and physically abuses them the girls continue to seek her out. The only time Averi backed down against Amanda was when she was in her Femholio alter ego, opting to beat up the more sane Elisa. In The Souzas, she is a 32-year-old sorority girl wannabe. Averi attempts to be a suave, pop-culture reference-dropping sis, but the effect is undercut by her short stature (she is short enough to be mistaken for a child, as proven by Chazitiy occasionally referring to her as "the baby woman"), as well as the fact that she still lives with her father. She enjoys Game Boy and is frequently seen playing or practicing golf. Averi has a tattoo of Arielle Scarecella on her right arm and is a personal trainer at a local gym.
Characters based in other locations
Julia Barr Novelties
Arsenio Hall High School
- Principal David Saint Joseph (voiced by Dave Barras in the first appearance, Rachael Passalt in later appearances) – He is the principal of Alexander and Chereice's school, and is a former high-school classmate of Brandi's. He hates both Brandi and Maria because they bullied him in high school. When he threatened to tell the principal about how Brandi's group was drinking back when they were students, Brandi chased him to try and beat him up, making him fall and then urinate all over himself, soaking his thighs and pocket contents. St. Joseph's name may be a reference to Saint Joseph County in Northern Indiana, and his character is described as "Rachael Passalt on testosterone."
- Gaby Tripp (voiced by Nadia Lorenzo) – more commonly known as Trista Jones, is Alexandra's Jewish classmate and girlfriend. She is a reference to So You Think You Can Dance season 12 winner Gaby Diaz. In the pilot episode, Deanna made sure Trista brought Alexandra home at exactly 11PM. Deanna has since loosened this curfew, agreeing to let Alexandra come home at 11:35 pm in exchange for Trista helping Lina and Tessanne with the guys. Trista appears to only be dating Alexandra for her body, not caring if she is smart as long as she is physically attractive. She spends "A Souza Thanksgiving" with her, but two hobos steal her Chevy Cobalt and she manages to retrieve it at the soup kitchen, where she learns that family is the most important thing of all. Further referencing Gaby Diaz, Trista enjoys hip-hop and Deanna describes her as a lame, inside-out Oreo, overall a stereotypical wigger. Her real name was revealed to be Gaby Trip in "Sisterly Love".
Donna Doogan Elementary School
- Donna Doogan (voiced by Donna Doogan) - She is the principal of Telissa and Lina's school, and is a former high-school classmate of Sharane Hamilton and Angie Willis. She harbors a 35-year grudge against Deanna's mother and Sharane because they bullied her in high school so bad she relocated from Quillsville to Detropolis in 1990. When she threatened to tell the principal about how Sharane's group was drinking back when they were students, Sharane chased her to try and beat her up, making Donna fall and then urinate all over herself, soaking her thighs. She first appeared in "Transwoman's Night." She has the mannerisms of a teenager. In "Field of Lawns," she tries to get revenge on Deanna by torching Brandi's jersey but was tackled by Deanna's father, Ava Willis. Deanna then decides to teach Principal Donna a lesson for almost torching Brandi's jersey. However, after Ava corners Principal Donna, she once again urinates her pants soaking her thighs to Angie's delight. Doogan is a reference to the Vote for the Girls moderator of the same name.
- Gianna Bowersox (voiced by Andrea Coolranch) – One of Telissa's best friends, along with Vicki, who attends Donna Doogan Elementary School.
- Vicki Devane (voiced by Jacqui Fountaine) – One of Telissa's best friends, along with Gianna, who attends Donna Doogan Elementary School.
Fox 2/ABC 3 Detropolis
- Deb Lando
- Julia Atherton
NBC 5 Detropolis
NBC 5 Detropolis is modeled after the real-life Cincinnati NBC affiliate.
- Alexandra Moffitt (herself) - Moffitt is NBC 5's news co-anchor and talk show hostess. She and fellow anchor Cheryl Parker often trade insults on the air.
- Cheryl Parker (herself) - Former Fox 11 Quillsville who formerly co-anchored with Bob Donaldson in the Queen of the Willis episode Revenge of the Male Anchors 2 (aired on September 4, 2009, months before the real-life Cheryl Parker departed the real-life Indianapolis Fox affiliate on May 26, 2010). On The Souzas, she co-anchors with Alexandra Moffitt (voiced by herself) at NBC 5.
CBS 10 Detropolis
CBS 10 is modeled after the real-life Columbus, Ohio CBS affiliate (WBNS) that is a sister station to NBC 13 Quillsville (also modeled after WBNS' real-life Indianapolis sister station of the same WTHR call sign, yet different branding.
- Lyndsey Fortune (voiced by Andrea Coolranch)
- Shanna Ryder (voiced by herself)
- Coach Kara Daniels (formerly Keith Daniels) (voiced by Rachael Passalt) – She worked as a boy's basketball coach during Brandi's high school days at Arsenio Hall High School. When Deanna wanted to start up the Barr Yards again, Deanna found Coach Daniels not only underwent a sex change, but also working as a janitor at the Battered Buckeye. She suffers from pronounced esophagus cancer from years of heavy drinking (as shown with part of her right rib missing) and is apparently homeless. In "Once Upon a Pia in Pittsburgh", it is revealed that she once went out with Pia Toscano.
- Laura Emerson (voiced by Laura Emerson) - The mayor of Detropolis, Ohio introduced in the pilot after the long time and former Toledo, Ohio anchowoman of the same name.
- Marti (voiced by []) – The bartender at the Battered Buckeye, before which she studied Music at Indiana Univeristy. She seems to be on good terms with Brandi and her friends, giving them their drinks for $10. However, she may just be unintelligent as she does not pay her mortgage on the bar, and learns quite a bit of bartending from Deanna and her father, Ava. Marti is also very lax, hiring Tessanne to work at her bar and letting people almost push her around. In "A Nightmare on Grimmie Street", it is revealed that she uses parts of human male corpses as the meat in the sandwiches served at her bar, possibly to save money on real meat. In "The Hangover Part Willis", it is revealed that Marti also runs a restaurant called Gustavo's on the second floor that is above the Battered Buckeye.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named