Ava's Makeover (Queen of the Willis)
|Queen of the Willis episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2|
|Directed by||Sarah Frost|
|Written by||Gene Laufenberg|
|Original air date||February 4, 2008|
After Ava is seen working overtime at Craven Gifts, she feels sensitive about her appearance and job. She watches a pornographic film or sex tape made. To cheer herself up, Ava, Pamhouser, Tiffani, Melissa go shopping on a girls night out. Melissa takes Ava to a hair stylist (which turns out to be Pam) and gives her makeover, as well as breast augmentation performed by Melissa, and contacts as Tiffani gave Ava a LensCrafters gift card after losing a bet. For the remainder of the show's original run, she becomes more attractive.
Ava returns home and Heather states Ava's new look will make her rich and Angie agrees.
During a visit with her parents, Ava reveals her new look, which her mother, Peggy, is chagrined. Angie is proud of her at first, but he soon becomes jealous of the lust she inspires in other men. Fed up with Angie's envy, Ava rebels by staying out all night at parties. Desperate to get her out, Angie collaborates with Peggy to get her back. They kidnap her at a party, while she and another entrepreneur chat. They gag Ava, carry her into the car, tie her up and bring her back to the Willis' house, where Peggy demands that Ava quit being a gay man's whore. Seeing her wife's passion, Angie soon acquiesces to Ava, insisting to Peggy that it is her right to change her look if she chooses, and that they have no right to interfere with her happiness. Peggy shouts that no child of her has the right to feel happy, but Angie knocks her out with a punch. Realizing that she has the freedom to fulfill her wishes, Ava decides to keep her new look permanent (before she begins wearing her hair gray in 2019) after all. Ava and Angie then decide to annoy Peggy by having sex on top of her. Peggy revives and acts with immediate disgust, but Angie calmly knocks her unconscious with her stiletto.
During dinner at the Willis' house, Ava's boss, Tina states that exploiting Ava's new look will make them rich and Angie agrees. The rest of the family is ignored, especially Rags, who keeps barking at her.
Ava's success goes to her head and she begins acting like a snob, causing resentment among the other family members, but is praised by Craven Gifts employees and customers.
It is then revealed that the last scene is the final sketch on an episode of Mad TV and Tina thanks the audience for watching. When The CBS Saturday Late Night Movie starts, the TV screen goes blank. Rags turns to the audience and claims that he only turned off the show because he always goes to sleep at 1:00 a.m., and not because CBS is airing repeats in the timeslot. Rags then angrily barks at the home audience.
Production and development
- Until this episode, Ava wore glasses and her hair was brown layered.
- While working overtime at Craven Gifts, she was seen wearing a black bra (with her blue blouse aside on her chair) and a long blue skirt as she watches a pornographic film or sex tape made.
- This episode marks the first occasion where Ava is seen wearing a ponytail as she gets her hair naturally layered by Pam while at the same time Melissa performs breast augmentation while her hair gets layered. The hairstyle change and breast augmentation was performed at Melissa's sex change-a-bago. The ponytail is seen again in "Aeverine Kills Rags" in her final battle against Rags (now Tabby).
- As of this episode, Ava has the following permanent changes in her appearance:
- Ava is seen wearing a 38D bra size after Melissa performed the breast augmentation. This is confirmed in "Ava and the Great D Cups" after Ava flashed her breasts at Governor Joe Kerman.
- Ava is shown having hair extensions and her hairstyle becomes more naturally layered and remained brown until "Ten Years To Life" after her hair become gray.
- Angie's bra size is revealed to be a 36C bra size, making Ava having bigger breasts than Angie.